1. Bloodfire 6 - The bottle
2. Greenwood Rhythm Coalition - Greenwood Groove
[ Names you can trust]
3. Luna & Bazis - Fatal Attraction
[ Wah Wah 45s]
4. J Boogies Dubtronic Science - Suga Deadly
[ Swedish Brandy]
5. Nickodemus ft Sammy Ayala and the Candela Allstars - Conmigo
[ Candela Recordings]
6. The Fania Allstars - Steady (Andy Smith & Keith Lawrence remix)
7. King Timothy - Gerrard Street
[ Honest Jons]
8. Me & You - Last Night (Benny Page remix)
[ Tru Thoughts]
9. The Polyversal Souls - Muswellhill run
[ Fryers Records]
10. RAMP - The old one, two
11. Adrian Quesada - Overthrowed!
[ Swedish Brandy]
12. Kokolo - Our own thing
13. Ralfi Pagan - Didn't want to have to do it (4 Hero Bossa Reprise)
14. Swell Session vs Marc De Clive Lowe - All of me
Some serious energy flowing through the music this time round… Kicking things off in style with a pounding rework of Gil Scott Heron’s The Bottle, courtesy of Bloodfire. These guys just get better and better, taking on track that no one else would dare attempt, this time round they have done it to a live recording too. A genius bit of remixing and a bona-fide club banger for sure!
Latin goodness this week with new remixes on Fania records from the 4 Hero stables and a cheeky B-Boy reworking from Andy Smith. The stand out track this week is actually a drum n bass monster take on the Me & You track, ’Last Night’ as played on the show a few weeks back. This time round we take a moment to appreciate the original by King Timothy choc a block with island influenced calypso straight from the streets of London. Hold on to your hats for the Benny Page edit though!
Ubiquity records unearth a long undiscovered gem this week from RAMP, taken from a lost demo tape from Roy Ayers. This is just crying out for a re-edit, not that it needs it, but that intro could just be a little longer.
Wrapping things up is a new one from the forthcoming (and a long time in the making I might add Andreas!!) Swell Session LP this time taking on Marc De Clive Lowe on the slow burner, All of me. Its all about the breakdown in the middle. Trust me…
Hope you enjoy the show
All feedback appreciated !