2. Tosca My First
3. Tom Waits Clap Hands
[G-Stone Private Collection]
4. Zinger & The Diabolical Liberties Going Downstairs
5. Stonephace Wedgehead Gets Lucky
6. Alice Russell Let Us Be Loving
7. Part-Time Heroes Angels Fly/Unforscene Remix
[Wah Wah ]
8. Part-Time Heroes Sun Will Shine/Boomclap Bachelor Remix
[Wah Wah ]
9. Erik L Soul Symphony
10. Dublex Inc. Shine/The Dynamics Version
11. Leyo Barcelona Boogie
12. Powerline Double Journey
14. Cannonball Adderley Walk Tall
15. King Curtis Memphis Soul Stew
16. Jack McDuff Jive Samba
17. Odell Brown & The Organisers Mas Que Nada
18. Salah Rageb Tribute To Sun Ra
19. Roland Kirk Freaks For The Festival
20. Joe Harriott Southern Exposure
21. Cannonball Adderley Sambop
22. Dave Pike Sandunga
23. Herbie Mann New York Is A Jungle Festival
24. Charles Earland Mighty Burner
26. Jimi Tenor & Kabu Kabu World
new show with 60 minutes soulpatrol box and 60 minutes Original Jazz Dance flavour with Paul Murphy.
Great remix package for one of the most underrated albums of last year: Part-Time Heroes "Meanwhile" remixed, shouts
and congrats to Dom Servini celebrating 10 years of Wah Wah 45s, keep them comin, sir!
Back from Graz / Springnine Festival - had the pleasure to see / hear Tosca live for the first time , blown away by sound, music, lights, venue (a traditional oldschool concert hall) and the visuals - go and see them live early June when they are on stage in churches and other special places.
Album is called "No Hassle" and this is what its all about. Nice.
Great mix by the one and only Paul Murphy, here he is in his own words:
"Greetings again from Budapest, today its sunny so its yet again the New Barcelona!
Back in the night in the day I used to play a lot of what were then seen as straight ahead Jazz records. Before the heady 1990's days of Acid Jazz, before the Jazz Not Jazz trips, and well before the Nu Jazz times too. I usually played in dive bars below seedy hotels, old Victorian pubs still full of Withnail and I types, South American restaurants full of extras from Scarface and ex-strip bars. All very downbeat and sordid.
And, amazingly, people used to come down to these places and dance their asses off. Heady times!
What goes around, comes around, happily and now on my travels I'm playing these old sounds again. And people are still digging them."
So see you Sunday 31st May in Frankfurt at the last show of Jimi Tenor & Kabu Kabu little Europe tour at Sinkkasten.
Next DJ Gigs: May 31: Aftershow Party Jimi Tenor, June 5 moondoo Hamburg, June 6 LAZY. Frankfurt.
enjoy the music,